Wednesday 9 October 2019

Wednesday.

I got up at 5.40, put on a load of washing, made a pot of tea and had tea and toast for breakfast. I packed a couple of cream crackers and cheese for coffee break and a bottle of water. I dressed and made the bed and then I just had time to hang out the washing before going to work. The boss gave me a small list so I walked to the carrots first and pulled 60 bunches of them. As I was packing them up Andy drove up in the tractor 🚜 and we did 12 bunches of purple ones and then went to beetroot and picked 30 bunches. The boss said we had to wash and pack them and then have our break. He then brought us a new list that we had to do together so we went back up the field and while Andy cut 18 cabbages I picked 2 boxes of curly kale and 1 box of black kale. After that we drove to the lettuce bed and Andy cut 36 flat lettuce and12 cos. I walked back to the beetroot while he was doing that because we needed another 8 bunches. I carried them back to the trailer and packed the lettuce 🥬 while Andy cut and trimmed 8 celeriac. Next we had to trim 3 boxes of leeks, harvest 132 sweet corn and finally harvest the last of the butternut squash. We went back to the yard and Andy went for his lunch and I washed squashes till it was my home time. When I got home H made me a coffee. This morning H painted a door! I got the washing in, all dry, and sat in the conservatory and read my book.   H called me in for tipping point and then I had a shower and cooked dinner. We had pasta in a beef and tomato sauce. I have to work again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment