Thursday 26 September 2019

Thursday.

I got up just before 4 o’clock because I couldn’t sleep, I read my book for an hour and then had my breakfast . No sooner had I eaten it and had my pint mug of tea when I realised it was my weigh in day. Too late! Now I will have to wait till next week. I packed my lunch etc and at 7.25 I went to work. First I had to go with Andrew and we trimmed 4 boxes of turnips. We took them to the yard and washed them. Next I walked to the spring onions and picked 42 bunches. I hadn’t been told what to do next so I trimmed a few leeks till Andy came to pick up the onions and I went with him to trim a box of swedes. We washed everything and it was coffee break. Next I walked to beetroot for just 5 bunches of purple and 6 bunches of golden. From there I walked to carrots and picked 60 bunches of orange ones and 16 bunches of purple ones. Andy came up just as I finished and said we had to have 4 boxes of loose carrots. We went back to the yard , it was the men’s lunch time so I picked tomatoes till it was time for me to go home. When I got home H made me a coffee and we watched the cycle race in Yorkshire. We also watched tipping point, I had a bath and washed my hair and for dinner we had fish pie with cabbage and cauliflower.

No comments:

Post a Comment