Wednesday 18 September 2019

Wednesday.

I got up at 5.35, put on a load of washing and had tea and toast for breakfast. I hung the washing out when it was done and watered the tomatoes. I dressed, cleaned my teeth, made the bed, packed my lunch and got ready to go to work. When I got to work I was told to do 12 bunches of purple carrots and 96 orange ones. It was hard to dig them out but I was getting on quite well when the boss walked to see me with his new puppy, Sky. As they walked past the sweet corn 3 huge deer ran out and bounced across the field. Well Sky thought that was great and chased after them not heeding the bosses shouts of STOP. When Sky reached the sprouting broccoli he lost sight of the deer 🦌 so he just stopped and sat down, I carried on digging and bunching carrots and the boss who was miles away still , still kept shouting STOP. Then he called my name and stop! It turned out it was me who was supposed to stop. Nobody wanted any carrots! Andy came and helped me pack them and we did 40 bunches of beetroot before going down for our break. After break we had to wash a load of turnips and swedes that Andy had harvested, we also packed them up and then I picked tomatoes till home time.(6boxes). When I got home H made me a coffee and I got the washing in. I am feeling worn out so I did nothing else till it was time to cook dinner. We had chicken with potatoes, carrots, cabbage and gravy. When I had eaten mine I had a shower and got ready to watch my soaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment