Wednesday 25 September 2019

Wednesday.

I was woken up by H at 6.10. I couldn’t believe I had overslept! My back is still painful but nowhere near as bad as it was. I put on a load of washing and had tea and toast for breakfast. I packed my lunch but I didn’t hang out the washing because it was raining. Today H was having his Spanish lesson and didn’t fancy going on his bike so he said he would run me to work and pick me up. I said I would bike to work but he said no. My first job was packing leeks that Andy had trimmed yesterday afternoon. Next he and I did 50 bunches of beetroot, Andrew was out gardening again. We trimmed a few more leeks till coffee break. After break I walked to the carrots while Andy went out to deliver some orders. I had to do 12 bunches of purple carrots and 72 bunches of orange ones. Andy still wasn’t back and I knew we needed more leeks so I walked back to them and began trimming them and Andy arrived. We did all the ones that had been lifted, went down to wash them and it was my home time. H came and got me and made me a coffee when we got home. While I was at work we had several showers of rain and the one and 12 o’clock was an absolute downpour. H said he had hung the washing out for me and he had left it out. I thought it would be soaked. When we got home our path was dry and we hadn’t had a drop.! We watched the cycling in Harrogate then tipping point. I had a bath and cooked dinner, we had Cornish pasties, potatoes, cauliflower, runner beans and gravy. It was nice. I have to work again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment