Tuesday 3 September 2019

Wednesday.

I got up at 6 o’clock and had toast and marmite for breakfast with a mug of tea. I packed water, cheese and a tomato for my break, dressed and made the bed then just sat and read my book till it was time to go to work. There was much more traffic on the roads this morning because school has started again.. when I got there the boss said I was in the greenhouse to start with, picking tomatoes. So I didn’t bother to put my wellies on but I had only picked half a dozen tomatoes and my feet were wet! There are so many leeks in the roof it was as wet as outside! I went back to the shed and put my boots on. The boss said I had to just pick tomatoes till he got all  the orders in at around 9 o’clock. But at 9 he came back and said nobody wanted anything much so I could keep picking till coffee break. We didn’t have that till 10.30 and then I had to pick 35 bunches of radishes and then trim the rest of the leeks that had been lifted. I got 4 heaped boxes and thought I would pick more tomatoes till home time. I then looked at my watch and was shocked to see it was 12.54! The morning had just flown past. When I got home H made me a coffee and I had a corned beef sandwich. I sat and read all afternoon but I kept falling asleep and dropping my book! I had a bath and cooked dinner. We had haddock mornay, new potatoes, runner beans, broccoli, courgette and tomatoes. It was very tasty. I have to work again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment