Thursday 19 September 2019

Thursday.

I got up at 5.35, put on a load of washing and had my breakfast of tea and toast. I dressed, made the bed, packed my lunch and hung out the washing when it was done. While I was outside I watered the tomatoes and then I read my book till it was time to go to work. When I got there we were really busy for a change. I was given a list which said 40 bunches of beetroot, 20 bunches of golden beetroot, 24 bunches of purple carrots, 144 bunches of orange ones. I was told that when I had done that I could finish picking the tomatoes! Andy joined me thank goodness and we had it all done by 10 o’clock except the purple carrots. We went down for our break picking up the leeks and spring onions that Andrew had done. After that I went to pick the tomatoes. It’s really hard because they are all ripe now way above my head so I have to stand on an old crate to reach them. It takes ages because I climb up pick the ones above my head, climb down, move the crate and go back up again. I seem to be doing it for miles! When I finished I had to go and find Andy again . He was washing carrots and beetroot. We packed them all and then went back to the carrots 🥕 where we did 24 bunches of purple carrots, 12 bunches of orange ones and 6 boxes of loose ones. It took till 12 50 so when we got back to the yard I changed out of my wellies and went home. I have to go again on Monday. When I got home H made me a coffee and we had cheese and biscuits for lunch. This afternoon We watched a cycle race then tipping point, I had a bath and cooked dinner, we had pork chops with potato wedges, fried tomatoes and eggs, it was yummy, the tomatoes were out of our garden. We have had loads this year but they are coming to the end soon. I had a message from no2 son saying he will be home for the weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment