Wednesday 11 September 2019

Wednesday.

I got up at 5.40 and put on a load of washing. I had toast and marmalade for breakfast with a mug of tea. I packed my lunch, watered the tomatoes and hung out the washing. I cleaned my teeth, dressed and then sat and read my book till it was time to go to work.
Thank goodness we were busy today! I had to do 24 bunches of purple carrots and 96 bunches of orange ones. I had to dig them all up myself and the ground is hard. I had just finished them and was packing the last box when Andrew came to pick them up. He had a message from the boss saying he needed 40 bunches of beetroot before we went for our break. So by the time we did them it was 10.20 .Next I had to pick 25 bunches of radishes, 10 bunches of spring onions and then trim leeks. Andrew joined me and the boss wanted 8 boxes minimum, we managed to trim 9 boxes before it was my home time. Andrew gave me a lift back to the yard and was going to have his lunch before spending the afternoon washing and packing all the things we had harvested this morning.
When I got home H made me a coffee and I had a date scone with it. I got the washing in and watched the cycle race. We saw tipping point and I had a bath. I cooked dinner, we had chicken and chips with grilled tomatoes topped with cheese and garden peas. Now I am going to watch my soaps, thank goodness it’s not just football tonight. I have to go again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment