Monday 2 September 2019

Monday 2nd of September. !

I have not blogged for the last two days! I always blog in the evenings from upstairs ,but as our son was home and had brought some films home with him I didn’t go up as I normally do. Both films were in 3D and were both very good. We had a bbq Saturday evening, roast leg of lamb yesterday and we are having another  bbq this evening before our son returns home. It was ribs and chicken last time it’s steak and sausages this time. I had to work this morning and when I got home son and H had done a massive prune of all the shrubs in the back garden. They had also mowed the lawn. I am glad they did it while I wasn’t there because I couldn’t see what they were standing on. I am always so careful with my plants but I know H doesn’t look where he is putting his feet. We had salads for lunch. With our meat tonight we are having corn on the cob, grilled tomatoes, potato and onions. I have a melon for pudding. I don’t have to work again till Wednesday. 
On Saturday H and I went to the City in the morning for my hearing test. It turns out that I am pretty deaf! Under 50% in my left ear and under 25% in my right  ear is all the hearing I have left. I left the shop with a hearing aid in both ears and it’s marvellous . I have been very hard of hearing for so many years. I didn’t even know our car indicators made a sound! I thought just the green arrow flashed. The kitchen clock has a loud tick I didn’t know about etc. etc. When I went to work today I spoke to the boss in the morning and worked with Andy for 3 of my 5 hours but they didn’t notice them! When I think of my poor mother with her hearing aid I feel sad. She had a moulded ear piece, a microphone hooked onto the front of her bra which was the size of an I phone but about 2 inches deep, with a wire leading to her ear then a battery bag like a shoulder bag that she had to carry round with her. When we got home from the City we all went for a bike ride it was nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment