Thursday 1 August 2019

1st August.

I got up at 5.40, made a pot of tea and had toast for breakfast. I packed my lunch, dressed, made the bed, watered the tomatoes and then sat and relaxed in front of the tv till it was time for me to go to work. I had to pick45 bunches of radishes, 82 bunches of purple beetroot and 28 bunches of golden beetroot. Andy joined me on the beetroot after I had done 20 bunches and when we had done. 50 bunches he went down for his break. I had mine on an upturned box in the middle of the field. As soon as I had done I carried on bunching beetroot. By the time he got back I only had 3 bunches left to do. Next we had to go to carrots and pick 100 bunches of orange ones and 28 bunches of purple ones. (( the first purple carrots of the year.) All the carrots had to be dug up and the ground is like concrete. By the time we had finished them it was 12.35 so we drove to the spring onions and just managed to do 15 bunches before going back to the yard so Andy could have his lunch and I could go home. When I got home H made me a cup of coffee and I had it with 2 biscuits. We had a shower of rain here while I was at work ( none there) so H had got the washing in for me. I went into the back garden and filled the garden rubbish bin before they come tomorrow. I picked some tomatoes and runner beans, made a pot of tea and watched tipping point. I had a bath and cooked dinner. We had pork chops, new potatoes, carrots, broad beans and a fried eggs, it was very tasty. Now I am going to watch my soaps. I don’t have to work again till Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment