Thursday 15 August 2019

Thursday.

I got up at 5.30 put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. I packed my lunch, made my bed, dressed and hung out the washing. I didn’t have to water anything this morning after the rain we had yesterday so I got myself completely ready and then sat and read my book till it was time for me to leave for work. I had to walk to the top of the field and pick 15 bunches of radishes first then go to beetroot. I picked 28 bunches of golden beetroot, Andy joined me and we picked 80 bunches of beetroot (purple) . Andrew was working in the field till 10 but he was on Leeks and spring onions. We all had our break and then Andrew went gardening and Andy and I went to the carrots. We did 38 bunches of purple carrots, and 80 bunches of orange ones. Next we had to do more spring onion, 30 bunches and a box of turnips. I worked out perfectly and when we drove back into the yard it was 12.56, time for me to take my wellies off and go home. H made me a coffee as soon as I got in and as it was a bit dull I thought I would get the washing in. My trousers 👖 had blown off the line and laid on the patio and my bra was all twisted round a hollyhock. H toasted me a tea cake and we watched a cycle race. I made a pot of tea and we watched tipping point, I had a bath and cooked dinner. We had fish cakes, grilled tomatoes, mushrooms, onions and chips. It was a yummy dinner. I have to work again on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment