Tuesday 27 August 2019

Tuesday.

I got up at 5.45 put on a load of washing and then had toast and tea for breakfast. I packed a tomato and a slice of cheese with a bottle of water to keep me going at work and then I dressed. I hung out the washing, watered the tomatoes 🍅 I sorted out my work bag and relaxed with my book till it was time to go. There was only Andy and me there today because Andrew is on holiday. I had to pick 25 bunches of radishes, 12 bunches of purple carrots and then catty on with orange ones till Andy came to pick me up and take me back to the yard. It was a horrible job, the ground is like concrete and I really struggled to get the fork in the ground. He turned up just before 10 so we had our lunch before we washed and packed them. Next we had to do beetroot and leeks. The boss said ‘ do some beetroot and leeks ‘ then went off to deliver! He didn’t tell us how many! So we decided to do 40 bunches of beetroot and then as many leeks as we could manage till we went down to wash it all at 12.40. The leeks were as hard to get out of the ground as the carrots were so Andy had to fork them all up and lay them in heaps for me to trim. It was sweltering in the field, no shade and no breeze at all. I was glad when it was home time. When I got home H made me a coffee and I had a tea cake. I picked a punnet of tomatoes, got the washing in and sat in the garden for half an hour. We watched a cycle race and tipping point. I had a soak in a cool 🛁 which helped my aching back, I think I am too old to dig up carrots. When I came down I cooked dinner, we had fish pie, with grilled tomatoes and onions it was yummy. I don’t have to go to work tomorrow so I will try to go for a bike ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment