Thursday 29 August 2019

Thursday.

I got up at 5.40, put on a load of washing and then I had my breakfast, toast and marmite with a cup of tea. I packed my lunch and sat and read my book till H got up. I dressed, hung out the washing, watered the tomatoes, made the bed Cleaned my teeth and went to work. When I arrived the boss told me we were really busy. I had 2 lists one that had to be done first so he could go delivering. Altogether I had to do 18 bunches of radishes, 32 bunches of beetroot and 14 bunches of spring onions. Andy joined me and we picked 14 bunches of golden beetroot and then washed and packed it plus the carrots he had done. We had our break and then went back up the field for the second lot. 23 bunches of carrots, 12 bunches of purple carrots, 18 bunches of spring onions, 6 boxes of leeks and 50 kilo’s fo turnips. As I trimmed the last turnip I looked at the time and it was one minute past one! So I walked back to the yard and went home. My weekend starts here.! When I got home H made me a coffee and I had a corned beef sandwich. I got the washing in and watered the tomatoes. I sat and read my book till it was time for tipping point. H watched the race but I didn’t want to. I had a bath and cooked dinner. We had fish cakes, potato wedges, grilled tomatoes and onions. I am now going to watch my soaps. No more work till Monday.😊

No comments:

Post a Comment