Monday 19 August 2019

Monday. .

I got up at 5.40 and put on a load of washing. I had toast and marmite for breakfast with a cup of tea. I dressed, packed my lunch and hung out the washing I watered the tomatoes and picked another punnet full. I made the bed and went to work. I had to walk to the beetroot and pick 20 bunches. Andy came to pick them up and then gave me a lift to the radishes which was my next job. I had to do 20 bunches. When they were done I joined Andy on the broccoli 🥦 and we did 6 large boxes. We also had to have just 1 box of kale which didn’t take us long to pick and then Andy took me to the leeks and shew me where I had to weed. It was only 9.20 and I had to weed for the rest of my time. At 11 Andy joined me because there wasn’t anything else for him to do. Andrew was out all day, grass cutting. On the way home it poured with rain, and when I got home everywhere was really wet. H had got my washing in for me and it was dry. He said it began to rain at 12.40 but we hadn’t had a drop at work which is only 7 miles away, even less as the crow flies. When I got home H made me a coffee and I had one of my buns with it. The weeding was hard work, some of the fat hen was higher than my waist and really hard to pull out. I was reading my book this afternoon and I kept falling asleep! We watched tipping point, I had a soak in the bath to ease my back and then cooked dinner. We had pork chops with new potatoes (I dug up this morning) , carrots and runner beans, it was nice. I have to go again on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment