Wednesday 31 July 2019

Wednesday work

I got up at 5.50, put on a load of washing and had buttered toast and tea for breakfast. I packed my lunch, dressed, made the bed and then relaxed with my book till it was time for me to leave for work. I had to go straight to the greenhouse and pick all the ripe tomatoes 🍅. It was the best harvest this year so far. I got 9 and a bit boxes. It wasn’t too bad in there because the sun wasn’t out. When I had finished picking them the boss wanted me to tie all the tops onto the wire, it was dreadful! I couldn’t reach and had to clamber up onto a box every time. There are about 500 plants. Well I did just over half and the boss came in to see how I was getting on and I told him it was killing me because even with my box I struggled to reach so he took over and sent me weeding. Andy got me to help him get a few bunches of beetroot and then I ended up back on the weeding till home time. When I got home H made me a coffee and I had a slice of corned beef. H spoke to the doctor this morning about his dizziness and he had an appointment for this afternoon to have his ears checked. He has a prescription for some more pills but different to the last ones. When he got back we had a cup of tea and watched a cycle race on tv, then tipping point. I had a bath and cooked dinner. We had spaghetti bolognese. Much to my surprise I have to work again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment