Sunday 25 August 2019

Sizzling Sunday 🌞.

I went to bed last night at 11.30 and got up this morning at 6.40! One of my longest sleeps this year. I put on a load of washing and made porridge for breakfast. We had a coffee and I hung out the washing, I watered the tomatoes while I was out there. I did a bit of housework, took some duck legs out of the freezer for dinner tonight and got my bike out of the garage. H was on the turbo trainer so I was going out on my own. I sat down for a minute and thought I would read just one chapter of my book. I was so engrossed and all of a sudden H came in! He had finished his ride! So I put my bike back in the garage. We had a buttered crumpet and a coffee for lunch and I worked for an hour in the garden. Then I sat in the garden for an hour which was all I could stand because it was so hot. We watched a cycle race in France, H had a shower and I had a bath then I cooked dinner. Duck legs with mashed potato, cabbage and carrots. The temperature in the shade this afternoon was 31 degrees here. I think the weather man will say it’s a record for August. Our lawn was looking nice but it’s all dried up again now.

No comments:

Post a Comment