Thursday 8 August 2019

Thursday.

I got up at 6.40 and had my breakfast (tea and toast with marmalade). I watered my tomatoes and beans, packed my lunch, dressed, made the bed and sat and read my book till it was time for me to go to work. Before I left I brought the vacuum cleaner downstairs so H could vacuum up for me.😊
First I had to finish picking the tomatoes and then I walked to the beetroot and started on the 40 bunches we needed. I had done over 30 when Andy joined me. We finished them and then did 14 bunches of golden beetroot. Next we did 38 bunches of spring onions and Andy took it all down to wash. I walked to the radishes and had my break sitting on a box before I picked 15 bunches of them. I was on the last bunch when Andy came back and we had to do go to carrots we picked 76 bunches and 28 bunches of purple carrots. On the way back to the yard we had to get another 20 bunches of spring onions. We laid everything out, washed it and packed it all and it was my home time. On the way home I popped to the shop for some lolly’s because our daughter, 2 granddaughter’s and our great Granddaughter were all coming round. As soon as I got home H made me a cup of coffee and I went up to wash and change. It was lovely to see them all and we all had a nice chat and had photos of the 4 generations of women. When they left we watched tipping point, had a bath and I cooked dinner. We had salmon, peas and potato cakes. They were really nice, I got H to mash a load of potatoes I cooked yesterday, we added an egg and grated cheese, I made them into rounds added salt and pepper dredged them in flour and fried them in olive oil. Yummy. I don’t have to go to work till Monday. I still can’t believe how small our Nova is! I just can’t remember our 3 ever being that small but they must have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment