Saturday 24 August 2019

Saturday.

I got up at 5.50 because I was too hot and I wouldn’t get back to sleep. I put on a load of washing and made a bowl of porridge for breakfast. H made coffee and I read a chapter of my book while I was waiting for it to cool. I hung the washing out, watered the tomatoes and then cleaned the downstairs cloak room.  I swept the kitchen floor and wiped all the worktops down. I picked another punnet of tomatoes 🍅 and then we got ready to go out on our bikes. We met our daughter, son in law and grandson on the track and all rode to Reepham station. We had a drinks and cakes and then rode home again. Our grandson hasn’t ridden a bike much lately so he really struggled on the last few miles. It was an easy ride for me and was half a mile an hour slower than when I did it yesterday. When we got home we had a coffee and a hot buttered crumpet for lunch, changed into our shorts and sat in the garden for an hour. It was too hot to sit there any longer. When I went in I made a pot of tea and read some more of my book. I had a bath, washed my hair and cooked dinner . We had cod mornay with runner beans, carrots and potatoes. It was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment