Friday 2 August 2019

Friday

 I got up at 4.40 because I just couldn’t sleep. I put a load of washing on and read my book (tombland) till I heard H moving around upstairs then I made a pot of tea and and had toast for breakfast. As soon as we were done we got ready and went for our weekly shop. When we got home I unpacked and put everything away while H got the bikes out of the garage and made the coffee. I sat with my coffee and an egg custard and read my tv magazine from cover to cover. H also put on a loaf of bread. Next we got ready to go out on our bikes. We just went to Reepham to the butchers, I wanted some ‘proper’ bacon that isn’t full of water. I also bought some other odds and ends. While I was in the shop I could hear H talking to someone, it was our grandson, he works in Reepham and had just been to a meeting.  When we got home we had a coffee and lunch, H had a toasted tea cake and I had a crab. This afternoon I did a bit of housework, I vacuumed upstairs and downstairs, dusted and then swept the kitchen floor and wiped the cupboard doors etc. I made a pot of tea and we had another custard.  We watched tipping point, I had a bath and washed my hair then cooked dinner. We had a quiche with grilled mushrooms, tomatoes and potato wedges, with peas and sweet corn. We strawberries and yogurt for pudding. No 2 son is coming home this evening for the weekend. I expect I will be back out on my bike again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment