Thursday 22 August 2019

Thursday.

I got up at 5,45 and had my breakfast. I packed my lunch, dressed, made the bed etc and sat and read my book till it was time for me to go to work. I had to pick 3 boxes of tomatoes first, I counted one box as I was picking them and there were 380 tomatoes in it and the other 2 were just as full so that’s around 1,140 tomatoes. It took me almost an hour. Next I walked to the radishes,Andy was there already so I only did about 15 bunches. We had to pick just 12 bunches of spring onions on our way down the field. We went to beetroot after that and had to have 33 bunches. It was 10 o’clock so we had our break. When we had done we had to wash the radishes, onions, beetroot and some carrots Andy had done. We went back up the field then and did 56 bunches of carrots, 12 purple carrots, 12 golden beetroot, 3 boxes of leeks and another 35 spring onions. We didn’t finish till 1.10 so I was late home and H was outside looking for me. He made me a coffee and I had a bun. We watched a cycle race (women) lots fell off at the end! They always do! We watched tipping point and I had a bath then cooked dinner. We had sausages, eggs, fried tomatoes onions and potato wedges. It was yummy.
Today our youngest granddaughter got her G.C.S.E. Results and we are so proud of her. She passed 8 out of 9 and two were with distinctions.    I don’t have to go to work again till Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment