Saturday 10 August 2019

Windy Saturday

I got up at 6.30 and put on a load of washing. I made porridge for breakfast with a cup of tea. I hung out the washing when it was done and also yesterday’s. I had to use extra pegs to stop it blowing away and I didn’t prop it up but left it hanging below the fence so it was in less wind. H went to the pain cave to turbo so I walked to the Myra bella’s ( wild plums) so I could pick some to make H some jam. I had intended to make some Myra bella gin as well but I forgot to buy gin. I’ve put it on my shopping list for next week so I hope there will be some left then. I wasn’t sure there would be any today after the strong wind but there were plenty that hadn’t been blown off. I wasn’t gone long and when I got home my washing was dry so I got it in so it didn’t blow away. H was still on the bike. He did 62 miles with an average of over 25 miles an hour ! His fastest ride yet. We had a coffee and an egg custard then he fell asleep in front of the tv so I went outside and did more work in the garden. When I went in we had an ice cream andH had a cheese sandwich. At 4 I made a pot of tea and we watched tipping point. I had a bath and washed my hair. For dinner tonight we had meatballs in a tomato sauce with pasta. No 1 son rang and spoke to us both, they are well. I didn’t talk to him for long because I struggle to hear anybody on the other end of the phone, I am so deaf! But he had a good chat with his dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment