Thursday 13 June 2019

Wet work day. ,

I got up at 5.50 and put on the tumble dryer. I had toast for breakfast with a cup of tea. I packed a tomato and a slice of cheese with my bottle of water and dressed etc. At 7.25 I left got work. First I had to walk to the radish bed  and pick just 18 bunches and then I had to pick 15 bunches of spring onions, the first I have picked this season. Next Andy joined me and we had to do 60 bunches of beetroot, also the first of the season. After them we picked 84 bunches of carrots, another first of season for me but Andy had picked a few on Monday. By then it was 10 o’clock so we went back to the yard for our break. After that we unloaded the trailer and went back up the field to do 8 boxes of broad beans. Again the first I have picked this year. Then it was back to carrots for another 84 bunches and just 6 bunches of golden beetroot. It was 12.20 by the time we finished them and went back to the yard so we laid everything out and washed and packed them and it was time for me to go home. We had several massive showers and even though I had my waterproofs on I was wet through to the skin. H made me a coffee while I changed and I also had a flap jack. I sat and read this afternoon, watched tipping point and had a soak in the bath before cooking dinner. We had chicken with broad beans, new baby carrots and new potatoes all of which were still growing at 9 this morning. I weighed myself today and I was 136.4 last week I was 136.6. It’s down but hardly worth talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment