Tuesday 18 June 2019

Tuesday.

When I went to bed last night I thought “there’s no way I will get to sleep tonight even though I am tired after working all day, it’s far too hot.” The next minute I woke up and it was 7.20 am! Fantastic. I had my breakfast and then we had a coffee. I had put on a load of washing when I got up and when it was done I hung it out and watered the tomato plants. I sat and read my book for a while and H got the bikes out of the garage and cleaned and oiled the chains. So we got ready and went out on our bikes. It was a lovely ride, we went all the way to Aylsham on the track including the loop. We went to the bank and then the railway 🚃 station 🚉. We had chips and a drink and then came home again. On the way back we did a bit if track, some road and then back on track for the last few miles. We did 33.25 miles. When we got home I put the bikes away and got the washing in, then I made us a coffee. H had a cake with his but I wasn’t hungry. I read a bit more of my book and did the ironing. We watched a cycle race ( tour of Switzerland) and had a glass of wine. We had a bath and I cooked dinner. We had pork slices with new potatoes, broccoli, carrots and peas.
Today we had a postcard from my brother and sister in law who are on holiday. It is now on my fridge with one other we have had this year from our son. I keep any I get on there for a year and then put them in my diary. Years ago my fridge would be covered by the end of the year, but last year there were only two! It’s a shame that texts etc have put a stop to things like cards and letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment