Monday 24 June 2019

Monday.

I got up at 5.25 and put on a load of washing. I had toast for breakfast with a mug of tea. I packed my lunch, made the bed and dressed then I sat and read my book and relaxed till the washing was done and then I hung it out before going to work. When I got there it was all change, I was supposed to help get the things we needed for the customers and then spend the rest of the morning pulling up leeks from the plant bed ready to plant tomorrow. But the boss had listened to the weather forecast and the threat of thunderstorms and changed his mind. So I had to go with the 2 Andrews to get 48 cos lettuce 🥬, 2boxes of rhubarb, 1 box of broad beans and 24 bunches of carrots. We brought everything down to the yard, washed the carrots and while Andrew went to deliver them Andy and I filled 8 bags with fertiliser and then worked in the greenhouse till Andrew got back and we had our break. After break we loaded up the trailer with 29 trays of sprouting broccoli and then went planting. The bosses wife always walks their dog round the field in the mornings and this morning she picked me a giant field mushroom, it was almost as big as a dinner plate! When I left off she also gave me a dozen of her bantam eggs, yum. Anyway we finished planting at 12.12 and I had to spent the last 50 minutes back in the greenhouse, I nearly melted. The temperature outside was 25 degrees so goodness knows what it was in there. To make matters worse we have to keep the door closed because a couple of weeks ago a deer got inside and caused a lot of damage. When I got home H made me a cup of coffee and I had a corned beef sandwich. I haven’t done much this afternoon but I hand a shower and cooked dinner. We had pork chops, potato wedges, broad beans, carrots and our lovely mushroom. I had a text from our granddaughter saying she is home and we can go and visit when we like and meet our great granddaughter so we are going tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment