Tuesday 25 June 2019

Tuesday.

I got up at 5.30 and put on a load of washing. I had porridge for breakfast with a cup of tea. It was pouring with rain ☔️. We both sat and read for a while and then H made us a coffee. We decided to go to our butchers for a few things and after that to Tesco’s for charcoal and strawberries. When we got back home we had another coffee with a toasted tea cake. After the rain stopped and it brightened up a bit I took a chance and hung my washing out. This afternoon we went to see our granddaughter, her husband and their new baby, Nova. Well she is absolutely beautiful and one of the tiniest baby’s I have ever seen. She is perfect in every way. They are so lucky to have her because it was touch and go for a while but thanks to the Norfolk and Norwich maternity hospital everything is well. When we got back home H made a pot of tea and he watched a load of rubbish on u tube while I read my book. We watched tipping point and then we had a bath. I cooked dinner, we had lasagna with mushrooms and grilled tomatoes with strawberries and cream for pudding. We had just finished our dinner and were watching the local news when the doorbell rang. Much to my surprise it was our daughter and our youngest granddaughter and they had cycled round!! The last time I saw Phoebe on a bike she was about 8 and now she is 16! Anyway they stopped for a drink and now they are on their way home. So I am watching my soaps. I don’t think I will get much sleep tonight, it’s far too hot 🥵! I managed to get all my washing dry again, what a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment