Wednesday 27 March 2019

Wednesday

I got up at 5.32, made a pot of tea and toasted a slice of bread for my breakfast. I had it with butter and marmite. Next I packed a tomato and a slice of cheese and filled a bottle of water. I sorted my work bag and clothes, dressed and then relaxed till it was time to leave. I had to do carrots first while the men cut caulies. Then we all went down and washed the carrots. It still wasn’t break time so Andrew went off on a gardening job and Andy and I went to the rhubarb and pulled 4 boxes. We took them back to the yard, unloaded the trailer and had our break. When that was done I had to trim leeks. It was an awful job! They had been lifted but had so much soil on the roots I could hardly lift them I had to put my knife down each time so I could use both hands to pull them out! When I got home H made me a coffee which I had with a biscuit. We watched 2 cycle races this afternoon, one in Belgium and the other in Spain. Then it was tipping point and a bath. I have a back ache from pulling up leeks, I hope it’s gone by tomorrow. I cooked dinner and we had a jacket potato with  a meat sauce, and our usual yogurt for pudding. I don’t have work again till next Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment