Sunday 17 March 2019

Sunday

I got up at 7 and put on a load of washing. I had my porridge that I had weighed yesterday and put in the pan ready. ( I have just done the same for tomorrow morning.) we had a cup of tea and after H had shaved and I had dressed we had a coffee and I hung the washing out. H went up to turbo and I found a knitting pattern for a lamb and decided to knit it. When H finished his ride he had a sandwich and a porridge pot. We had a coffee and I had a slice of corned beef and a slice of cheese. I knitted all afternoon while we were watching a cycle race. When the race was over I got ready to turbo, I just needed to do 11 miles so I had done 100 miles this week. I ended up doing 12.1 av 21 mph. One of my fastest rides. I had a shower and then got dinner, we had yesterday’s patty (cold) with potato wedges, peas and sweet corn. H had yogurt for pudding and I had a pear 🍐. I finished knitting my lamb but now I have to sew it up which is the bit I hate. I have sown up the legs and stuffed them but now I have had enough of it for today. So I will continue tomorrow. While I was preparing dinner the phone rang and it was my boss. I was expecting him to say he could manage without me again because I checked my last years diary and I didn’t start back till April. Anyway he asked if I was free. On Wednesday! I said I would go of course, but I would rather be on my bike.
I was busy with my knitting and watching the race and didn’t notice the sky had gone black, when all of a sudden there was a terrific noise outside. It was huge hailstones hitting the plastic cover the builders had put over the brickwork. I rushed outside and got the washing in but it was a bit damp! It would have been dry because you could see where the spots were.



No comments:

Post a Comment