Saturday 2 March 2019

Saturday

I got up at 6.05 and put on a load of washing. H had already made a pot of tea so I had a cup before making my porridge.we had a coffee and I just sat and knitted quietly so I did not disturb our son. When he came down I got on with some housework and at 9.45 he and I got ready to go out on our bikes. We had a good ride just going to Reepham station 🚉 for a coffee and then coming home again. I struggled to keep up with him but when we got home I realised why! When e got home he had got 15 achievements many of which were for his fastest time on a segment of the ride, and all of which we have done many times before. As soon as we got he hosed our bikes down (they were pretty muddy) while I prepared lunch. Son and I had salad and H had a bacon sandwich. This afternoon we all watched a cycle race and then I cooked dinner we had roast lamb, it was a huge joint from my butcher. I old him I didn’t know much about lamb but when I was a little girl I used to I used to go to the butchers for my mum with our ration books and coupons. I always had to ask for a shoulder of lamb please, blade end. So he said would you like that then, so I said yes. Well! Talk about bringing back happy memories, it smelled, looked and tasted just as I always remembered it.
Sometimes when you remember something and try it after a lot of years it’s a bit disappointing but not this it was so good, the skin crisped up to perfection. Son is now on a diet where he does not eat anything that grows below ground so no potatoes,carrots, sweet potatoes or parsnips etc. I did broccoli, peas, cauliflower, sprouts, carrots and potatoes but he had it all except the spuds and carrots. When I had finished my dinner I had a bath and now I am going to knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment