Monday 4 March 2019

Another grand day out!

I got up at 6.30 and put on a load of washing. I had a slice of toast and marmite and a mug of tea for breakfast and hung out yesterday’s washing. H made us a coffee and when today’s washing was done I hung it out. I made the bed and then just sat and knitted till our son came down. After he had a coffee and dressed etc.we all got ready to go to Holt. I had to make son a salad for lunch to take with us because he is careful what he eats and knows what is in my salads, no dressings etc. We had a look  round the shops and then went to ‘Black Apollo ‘ for coffee. Our son treated us to lunch and we went to Cley for a walk. H decided to stay in the car and study Spanish, he’s not too keen on walking. Son and I had a lovely walk, we saw 2 marsh harriers and a little egret, loads on geese and ducks. We walked down to the sea which was really rough because of the strong wind. Son said shall we have a paddle! I said ok and took off my boots and socks and ran into the sea, well it was more like a hobble because of all the sharp stones! Anyway I got into the sea first, turned round and son was still taking his socks off. The sea was FREEZING! I had to keep paddling with a smile on my face pretending it was great but all the while thinking, if he doesn’t hurry up my toes will drop off. Well it was worth it to see the look of horror when he finally got in😂 the week before last he was swimming in the med. We dried our feet, put our shoes and socks back on and and carried on with our walk. When we got home we had a cup of tea, a bath and I cooked dinner. We had steak, chips, mushrooms, broccoli, and mixed peppers. Our son then got ready and left to go home. I have finished my second ball of wool so now I only have 5 more to do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment