Saturday 1 December 2018

December 1st

Today is a red letter day for our family because our eldest granddaughter is getting married. The wedding was at Banham zoo. I got up at around 5.40 and had an egg for my breakfast. I put on a load of washing and when H came down we had a coffee. I did a bit of tidying up and at 9 went to the florist for our buttonholes. When we got home our son was up so we all had a coffee and then we got ready and at 11.30 we left. We arrived in plenty of time so had time to chat with other guests. The bride,groom and bridesmaid all looked amazing, the ceremony was lovely and the reception was great. We all had a lovely time and it all went so well. The food was delicious and there was loads of wine and bubbly for the toasts. Everyone was so friendly so the atmosphere was really good, music was great and the speeches gave everyone a surprise because the groom announced that our Grandaughter was 3 months pregnant!! Her sister was so excited when she heard the news (on Thursday but had to keep it secret) burst into tears bless her. She can’t wait to be an auntie. She shew me a load of baby gro’s on her phone and she had found one printed with Brussel sprouts which would be ideal for wearing at Christmas!! The baby isn’t due till June! Because I made the cake I was given a gift which is an afternoon tea for 2. There was also a thank you card in which she had written that I will be able to go out and eat cake that someone else had made. When we got home H made a pot of tea and he and son watched a film while I went upstairs to watch I’m a celebrity. I have had a really lovely day despite my itches .

No comments:

Post a Comment