Sunday 9 December 2018

The mundane life of an 80 year old. Sunday

Only 16 more days to Christmas.!! I got up at 6.15 and put on a load of washing. I made a pot of tea and had my breakfast. When it was light and had brightened up a bit I hung out the washing on my nice new linen line. H came down an hour after me this morning and had stripped the bed and brought the sheets etc down with him so I put on a second load  but when that one was done I put it straight into the tumble dryer. I feel rubbish again this morning, I haven’t been well since I have become 80 I hope this isn’t what it’s going to be like from now on! H had this cold after me, he is completely better and has ridden his bike 4 days in a row doing around 200 miles. I haven’t the strength to get on the bike and my back is bad. When he had finished his ride this morning he had a cheese sandwich with beetroot. I had the same minus the 🍞 bread. I sat about all afternoon doing nothing much, got my washing in and it’s dry. I put the chicken in the oven and prepared the veg. I had a soak in the bath and I feel a bit better than I did this morning but I will be glad when my back improves. One good thing happened today, I found out who gave me the amerthyst pendant for my birthday with no gift tag on it. It was H’s Spanish teacher!!! We had roast chicken for dinner with veg. I have to go to work tomorrow, I hope I feel better than I do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment