Saturday 29 December 2018

Yesterday!!

We got up early and went grocery shopping. We had our breakfast before we went and I also put on a load of washing. As soon as we were home I unpacked and put everything away while H made the coffee. He also put on a loaf of bread. We just sat about watching rubbish u tube clips till our son got up and then I got on with a bit of clearing up ( like finishing a box of dates, half a bottle of wine and some festive biscuits!) we then all got ready to go out on our bikes. It was the first time I had ridden outside since my 80th birthday! We were very pleasantly surprised by how good the track was after all the rain we have had in the last few weeks. We rode to Reepham station where we had a drink, the men coffee and me an apple juice. They have repaired the bridge at Whitwell station so it can now be used but have closed the bridge before that one at Lenwade. We used a small detour which was fine. When we got home we had lunch, cheese and biscuits for H and I and a salad for our son. I sat and read my book all afternoon, it’s one my lovely sister in law bought me for Christmas and I can’t put it down! It’s called ‘ The Olive Tree’ by Lucinda Riley and I am loving it. For dinner we had fillet steak with mushrooms,peas and chips. H said it was the best steak he had ever tasted. It really did melt in the mouth. I sealed them in the frying pan and then grilled them but must have got the timing perfect which I always think is hard with fillet steak because it’s such a big lump of meat. I would have written this yesterday but I was writing an email earlier and just managed to finish it before my battery died.

No comments:

Post a Comment