Sunday 2 December 2018

Sunday.

I finally got to sleep around 4am.!! I was coughing so much my stomach muscles really ache. The good news is that my rash is easing up. I put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. I hung the washing out even though it was rather dull but there was a very strong wind. We had a coffee and all just sat about till lunch time. Son and I had salad but H, who now is getting the dreaded cold didn’t want anything. However I made him a hot chocolate which he had with a mince pie. After lunch I rang my boss to tell him I would go back to work tomorrow but he wasn’t there so I left a message on his answer phone. He rang me back later and said I still sounded quite bad. Andrew was supposed to be on holiday next week but the boss had got him to change it to the following week in case I wasn’t back. As it’s my birthday tomorrow he said I need not go in I can enjoy breakfast in bed.( I don’t know who he thinks is going to get it for me πŸ˜†.) Anyway I don’t have to go to work till Wednesday now. It will be the first time I have ever had my birthday off when it’s not on a weekend. Our daughter and son in law came round with champagne, a dozen white roses and a balloon plus a bundle of cards which I will open tomorrow. I have already had my amber necklace. She also brought me a beautiful plant from our grandson and his partner. When they left I had my bath and cooked dinner. We had a strange meal for a Sunday! We had oxtail stew. I bought an oxtail from my butchers and cooked it quite slowly it was nice. I missed S C D yesterday but I have just watched the results.
Tomorrow I will be 80 !!

No comments:

Post a Comment