Sunday 16 December 2018

Sunday.

I got up at 6.40 and put on a load of washing, I had toast and tea for breakfast and then we had a coffee. I hung out the washing and made the bed. H went up to do a 100 km ride and I made some icing for my Christmas cake and then iced it. To make my icing I had to to use an egg white which left me with a yolk, so when I had finished the cake I made some melting moments which only need a yolk. They turned out well. I cooked some beetroot and when they had cooled I peeled, sliced and pickled them ready for Christmas. I wrote the last of my Christmas cards and brought my diary up to date. When H had finished his ride we had a coffee and a pot noodle for lunch. I got my washing in, it’s as dry as it gets this time of year. This afternoon we listened to Christmas songs and carols with a bottle of bubbly ( thanks to daughter) I had a shower and cooked dinner. We had chicken, sausages, cauliflower carrots etc with stewed apple and ice cream for pudding.
Now H cooked dinner last evening it was a recipe he had seen on u tube. When I went shopping he had asked me to get a jar of hot dog sausages, a tin of new potatoes, a courgette and some fetta cheese
We already had butter. His kitchen tools were 2 frying pans a spatula and an egg slice. He had to use the egg slice to slice everything so it was all the same thickness. He sliced 2 pieces of butter one for each pan, sliced the potatoes and put them in the pan to brown, added the sliced sausages, in the other pan he fried the courgette. When it was almost done he crumbled some of the fetta cheese over the potatoes, tipped in the courgette gave it all a stir and shared it evenly on to 2 plates. It was really tasty and we will certainly be having it again. It’s work for me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment