Monday 10 December 2018

Monday

I got up at 5.40 and had my breakfast 🍳 I packed my lunch, tomato πŸ… and cheese πŸ§€ with a bottle of water πŸ’¦. I dressed, made the bed and went to work. My back was still hurting and I am still coughing but my rash had gone. I had to walk to the top of the field and dig up and do 15 bunches of purple carrots and 48 bunches of orange carrots. Next I had to pick 6 bunches of orange beetroot and 20 purple ones but Andy joined me on them and we did 10 bunches each. Then we had to just trim one box of leeks so we had enough for this mornings orders. We went to the yard and washed them all plus a box of celeriac that Andy had trimmed. We had our break after which I had to walk back to the leeks ,Andy joined me later and we were told to be back at the yard at 12.15 to wash and pack them. We did another 9 boxes. As soon as they were washed the men went for their lunch and I packed 9 bags of leeks for one customer and began on an order for 30 5 kilo bags but I had only done 4 when it was time for me to go home. When I got in I had a coffee and just sat about with my sore back. We opened a bottle of my birthday bubbly and later I had a bath. When I took my clothes off I was horrified to find I was covered in a rash again!! It’s red hot but not itching at the moment. We had quiche for dinner tonight with potatoes and peas.
My bosses wife came back from their house in France last Thursday and arrived back after I had left off so I didn’t see her till this morning. Anyway she wished me a belated happy birthday and gave me gift tokens for a meal in a hotel restaurant. How lucky am I!! I have to work again on Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment