Tuesday 18 December 2018

Tuesday, one week to Christmas πŸŽ„

I got up at 6.05 , put on a load of washing and had my breakfast, buttered toast. I dressed , we had a coffee and I hung out the washing. At 8.45 the gas man came round to service our boiler. While he was here I spent some time clearing up the garden. When he left H went up to turbo. We had our lunch, cheese and biscuits with pickles and hot chocolate. Then at 2 pm I went up to turbo. I did 25.3 miles. (23.7 in an hour and a quarter). It was a nice steady ride.
In our back garden I have a yew that  I have been pruning  into a ball but when we have the conservatory put up it will be in the way so this morning we thought we would dig it up. It’s not very big but the roots are unbelievable!! They went under the lawn for yards, under the paving slabs and way up the garden. We dug a huge hole where I wanted it put but I very much doubt it will survive. It’s taken me years to get it as it is but if it dies I will have to do another one, I have some more seedlings in the garden. For dinner tonight we had steak and kidney pie with new potatoes and cauliflower cheese. I have to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment