Sunday 16 September 2018

Yesterday!!

I got up at 5.50 , made a pot of tea and had my breakfast. H was up at the same time as he was leaving at 7.45 to meet our son in law to go for a bike ride while I was out for the whole day at our granddaughters hen party. After H had left I dressed etc and left the house at 7.55 to meet Chloe who was picking me up and taking me, first to daughters house to collect her and our other granddaughter, then on to Kim’s house, the girl who organised it all. She drove us to the brides house where we met all the others. There was 11of us in all. We all changed into black ‘bride tribe’ t shirts, ( a white one for the bride) plus’s a garter and veil. We all surprised her then drove to Wroxham for a day on the Broard’s on the Werry, Albatross. After we were all fitted up with our life jackets we set sail, the weather was perfect, the crew of 4 were great and all us ‘hens’ got on so well together. ( it was also a lovely day for H’s epic bike ride.) we stopped at Ranworth for lunch at the Maltsters pub, Daugter and I had a double pink gin and tonic with our meal and another of the same afterwards! The meal was lovely. Then it was all back onto the Werry, hoist the sail and off again. The bride had several
‘Shots’ and cocktails but none of us fell of the boat on the way back😂. Some of us then went back to Kim’s for party games and some amazing cakes made by her mother. We also had pizzas and, of course, drinks, crisps etc etc. I finally arrived home just after 10.30. H had gone to bed. He had ridden 90 miles!! In 4 hours. He was 80 last April! I sat and read 3 chapters of my book, had a quick shower and was in bed at 2 minutes to midnight.0

No comments:

Post a Comment