Thursday 27 September 2018

Thursday

I got up at 5.30,put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. I packed my lunch, dressed, hung out the washing, made the bed and went to work. I had to pick 6 bunches of purple carrots, 48 bunches of orange carrots and a box of loose ones. They have dried out again so I had to fork them all up but it helps to keep me fit. I had to have 6 bunches of golden beetroot and 20 bunches of purple ones. Next Andy came to pick everything up and we washed and packed it all. We had our break and I walked to the leek bed to trim 2 boxes of leeks. I did one box and Andy turned up and helped with the second because someone had ordered 10 sacks of turnips so we had to trim them. When we had done enough we went back to the yard, washed and packed them and the leeks. It was 12.40 then and I just had time to pick 23 bunches of spring onions before home time. When I got home H made me a coffee and I had an apple. I got my washing in all dry again and we watched the junior road race. I had a bath and then made a pot of tea and cooked dinner. We had cod in a pasley sauce with potatoes, cabbage and cauliflower. No more work for me till Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment