Monday 10 September 2018

Monday.

I got up just before 6 and had my breakfast. I packed my lunch, made the bed, dressed, sorted my bag and went to work. I had to do 25 bunches of radishes first, it took ages because they are past the best. Then 7 bunches of golden beetroot, 10 bunches of purple beetroot, 48 bunches of carrots, a box of loose carrots and then leeks. I trimmed 3 boxes and then Andy came for me and we had to go and trim 4 boxes of turnips. By the time it was done it was 12.25 so we washed everything and Andy went for his lunch while I weighed and packed everything. When I got home H had spread some soil on our front lawn and raked it all over so it is ready to be seeded. Hopefully we will pop out tomorrow at some point and get some grass seed. Andrew, from work, was on holiday last week and this morning he gave us all a holiday present, a box of clotted cream fudge. When I got home I shared it out between H and myself and then I sat and ate all mine then I felt sick! For dinner we had pizza with a bowl of fried tomatoes on the side, followed by cold stewed plums and yogurt. I have to go to work again till Wednesday. This afternoon was a rest day in La Vuelta and the tour of Britain is over so no cycling. So I went outside and filled my garden rubbish bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment