Monday 3 September 2018

Monday.

I got up at 5.30, put my usual load of washing on and had my breakfast. I packed my lunch, made my Bed, dressed etc, hung out the washing and went to work. I had to do 25 bunches of radishes, each bunch has 15 radishes in so that was a lot of radishes! 25 beetroot, 5 in each bunch, 12 bunches of purple carrots, 9 in each bunch and 30 bunches of orange carrots,8to10 in each bunch. Andy arrived as I finished the last bunch. We then picked a box of loose carrots and he gave me a lift ti the leeks. I had just trimmed 4 boxes when he came back and said that would be enough. I had to go with him to trim 10 sacks of turnips and fold up a huge strip of fleece. After that we went back to the yard to wash and pack it all and my time at work was over. My bosses wife gave me 3 huge field mushrooms, they were each as big as tea plates. When I got home I had a coffee and a slice of corned beef. We watched the tour of Britain which was good but the cameras failed with about 7k to go which spoilt it. For dinner tonight we had sausages, eggs, tomatoes and the lovely mushrooms. I don’t have to go to work tomorrow so I expect I will do a bit of gardening.

No comments:

Post a Comment