Tuesday 11 September 2018

Damp Tuesday.

I got up at 6 after laying there awake for ages. I put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. We had a coffee and I hung out the washing. I did a bit of knitting after I had vacuumed downstairs. H’s sister Dot rang for a chat but we had to cut it short because we were going to Holt and then to Sheringham. The weather was fine when we left home, I checked the weather forecast on my phone and it said no rain here till 4pm. So I left my washing out because we planned to be home by 2 for the cycling. When we got to Holt it began to rain!! We went to Bakers and Larners where we had a fruit scone with butter and jam and a coffee. Next we went to the cloths department where I bought a dress and jacket for our granddaughters wedding. Next was the footwear department and I bought a lovely pair of shoes they are so comfortable, I like them better than my outfit. We walked back to the car in the rain which was getting heavier and drove to Sheringham where H treated us to fish and chips and a cup of tea. We went to Holland and Barrett for some peanut butter and some cod liver oil capsules and then back to the car and home, just calling in at the garden centre for grass seed and bird seed. By the time we arrived home it was really pouring, I got my washing in straight away but even with the rain it was only damp and only took 15 minuites in the tumble drier. We had a gin and tonic and watched La Vuelta. For tea we just had a cheese scone and a packet of kettle crisps with a cup of tea. Our fish and chips were delish! I have had a nice day. Tomorrow I have to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment