Friday 28 September 2018

Friday.

I got up at 5.50, put on a load of washing and had a slice of buttered toast for breakfast with a mug of tea. As soon as I had finished I cleaned my teeth, dressed etc and we went for our weekly shop. When we got home and had finished unpacking we had a coffee and a cream merangue. I hung out the washing and read my magazine. H got the bikes out of the garage and checked the tyres. Today was
‘Soup and sandwiches ‘ in Cawston village hall, H didn’t want to go but I promised his sister that I would. As it was a nice sunny morning I had decided to bike there. H said he would cycle with me but carry on back home again. We decided to go the long way round so we had a good ride. We started off along the track which we were going to stay on all the way to Cawston (16miles) when we had gone 6 miles we came across a few children walking 🚶‍♀️We carried on and there were more and more. When we caught up to a teacher she told us there were one thousand kids all doing a 7 mile walk. Well it took us so long we couldn’t do our long ride because I would have been late so we took a short cut and ended up doing 11.3 miles on the way there. H went home and I went in. I bought a strip of raffle tickets and sat at a table. My sister in law and her husband arrived and also 4 of their friends. The meal was lovely, I had roast sweet potato soup with a wholemeal roll and butter. Then instead of the usual sandwiches there were French sticks then plates of ham, cucumber, celery,tomatoes, pickled onions, crisps, around 5or 6 different cheeses and a wonderful dip of cottage cheese with walnuts, grapes etc. There was also about 8 desserts, all of them yummy, I had trifle. Next it was tea or coffee and then the raffle. I won a prize!!! I am 80 in about 2 months and it’s only the second raffle I have won. There were loads of prizes but I choose a small one because I had to carry it home on my bike. I picked dark chocolate ginger cookies, H loves ginger and chocolate so he is happy. When I got home I had done 19 miles. We had a glass of wine and I had a shower and washed my hair. For dinner we had beef in wine with potatoes, cauliflower and cabbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment