Thursday 20 September 2018

Wet work day , Thursday.

I got up at 5.40, put on a load of washing and had my usual work day breakfast. I packed my lunch, sorted out my bag, made my bed and got ready to go to work. I had to pick 20 golden beetroot, 36 purple beetroot, ( all bunches) 6 purple carrots, 48 orange carrots and a box of loose carrots. After that I had to walk to the leeks and trim 2 boxes. It was 11am when I finished so I pulled fat hen out of the celeriac bed and when I finished that I moved to the late leek bed and began weeding that. When Andrew came with the tractor to pick up my leeks I went back to the yard with him to wash and pack everything. When it was all washed Andrew went for his lunch and I pack and weighed everything till it was time for me to leave. When I got home H made me a coffee and I had my usual slice of corned beef but I felt really hungry so I had a bowl of cornflakes and then one of the rock cakes I made yesterday. I had a shower and now I am about to cook dinner. We are having pasta in a meaty sauce . I make my sauce with beef mince from my butcher, onion, tomato, grated carrot, broccoli, a tin of tomatoes and a few herbs and spices. I don’t think I will see much of my soaps tonight, I feel so tired and can’t stop yawning. It is weigh in day, so when I got up I jumped on the scales. I weighed the same as last week and I must say I was pleased with that because I expected to go up after all the food and drink I consumed on Saturdays ‘hen day’. My daughter gained 2 pounds and I am sure I would have done the same if I hadn’t worked so hard on my bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment