Sunday 16 September 2018

Today (Sunday)

I got up at 6.10, put on a load of washing and had my breakfast. I hung out the washing when it was done and we had a coffee. I read a chapter of my book, made the bed and then asked me if I wanted to go out on my bike!! I wasn’t expecting him to go out today after riding 90 miles yesterday! He said he would like to just do a short ride and not too fast. Well that suited me down to the ground because I felt a bit fuzzy headed after all the alcohol yesterday so I changed ready to go. We did 16.6 miles along the track. We were sheltered there but it was really windy and on the road it would have been awful. When we got back my washing was all dry so I went to get it in and H called me to say our daughter in law was here. So I left the washing and went in. She had just come from her allotment and brought me 3 courgettes, a cucumber, some French beans and a huge bag of brambly apples 🍏. She stopped for a cup of tea and a cup cake so we had a nice chat. H had a cheese sandwich and I had a slice of corned beef. Earlier I had to also write yesterday’s blog because I didn’t do it yesterday. We had a glass of wine and a box of popcorn from yesterday’s party. We watched the last day of the tour and Simon Yates won. Brits have won all the major tours this year. For dinner tonight we had quiche, patatas bravas and grilled tomatoes. Stewed plums and yogurt for pud. I have seen so many photos today of yesterday’s antics and some videos that are hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment