Sunday 1 July 2018

July already!!!

I got up just before 7 and had eggs for breakfast I didn’t have enough washing to make a load which is unusual! H said he was just popping upstairs to check the ride he was doing later and would make the coffee in 5 minutes when he came back down. I thought i would read my book till I had drunk my coffee and then I would get dressed etc. I was enjoying the story and quite engrossed when I suddenly thought I was rather thirsty, looked at the time and realised Hs 5 minutes had become over an hour!! I went up to see what was going on. He was sweating away on the bike!! The race he normally rides on Sunday wasn’t on but when he went up to check there was one starting in 2 minutes so he grabbed his shorts and jumped on the bike with seconds to spare. He hadn’t even had time to let me know. I then dressed and sat in the garden for a while. I was going to cycle to our daughters at 10.30 to deliver our grandsons birthday card so at 10.20 I went up to put my cycle shorts on and say goodbye to H. He then said he had almost finished his ride so he would come with me! He had to have a shower etc which made me late! Also, it’s only 4.5 miles to our daughters so when I was leaving hers I intended to take a longer route home. But as H had already done 50 plus miles we just came home again. And our average speed was 8.6 mph!! The slowest I have been since I was about 6. When we got home we  had a sausage sandwich and a glass of wine. We sat in the garden and our no 1 son came round with belated Father’s Day wine. We had a nice catch up with him and then I had a shower and cooked dinner, pizza and chips. A strange Sunday dinner but we enjoyed it. It’s work for me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment