Tuesday 17 July 2018

Tuesday.

I got up at 6, put on a load of washing and had eggs for breakfast. I packed my lunch, cheese,cucumber, tomato and water. I made the bed, hung out the washing, dressed and got ready to go to work. We planted leeks straight away and it took till around 11.20. I then had to spend the rest of my time weeding sweet corn. It was cooler today but though it was a nice breeze it was terribly dusty, at times we could hardly see each other it was so thick being churned up by the tractor and I came home filthy!! I called at the chicken farm for eggs on my way home and had a shower as soon as I got indoors. We had cheese and biscuits for lunch with a coffee and then a beer. As it was cloudy H watched the ‘tour ‘ but after a while I went outside and filled my garden bin ready for collection on Friday. For dinner tonight we had sausages, mushrooms, courgette, peas, eggs and chips. I am working again tomorrow and I hope it’s a cool start to the day because my first job is picking the tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment