Monday 30 July 2018

Monday.

I got up at 5.40 put on a load of washing and had courgette and egg for breakfast. I packed a tomato and some cheese for my lunch with a bottle of water. I made the bed and dressed and at 7.30 I went to work. I had to do 29 bunches of radishes, 26 bunches of beetroot, 6 bunches of golden beetroot and 63 bunches of carrots. Andy joined me on carrots and we also had to have a box of broard beans. We finished it all before 10 am so I had my coffee break and then began to pull the rest of the leek plants ready to plant tomorrow. Around 11am the 2 men joined me. At 11.50 the sky turned a bit black and it began to rain. We thought it wasn’t going to be much so we sheltered by the tractor, it eased off so we went back to work and then the skies opened and by the time we had put our wet weather gear on we were wet through to the skin. (My hair is still wet where it was tied up.) I had to pour the water out of my shoes and rubber gloves! When I got home H made me a coffee while I changed. Today I came home with a bag of potatoes, broard beans, runner beans, courgette’s and sun gold tomatoes. I didn’t hang my washing out this morning before I left because it was drizzling but H hung it out when the rain stopped and it’s all nice and dry. On my way home I went through 7 places where the water was right across the road but when I got home we had had a bit of rain but nothing like work!! For dinner tonight we had pizza and salad. I have to work again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment