Saturday 30 June 2018

Saturday.

I got up at 5.30, stripped the bed and put on a load of washing. I had a bowl of porridge for breakfast with my big mug of tea. H made us a coffee and washed the car before getting our bikes out. We decided to go out early on our bikes before the track became too busy. We were ready and left home at 8.09 am. It was lovely, we saw a few cyclists and 3 people on horseback. There were very few dog walkers which was surprising because it would have been perfect, before it became too hot. We rode all the way to Cawston on the track and then a bit of roadwork and back on the track for the last few miles. It was really nice. We did 23.5 miles and were home just after 10 am so had all the rest of the day to do whatever we wanted. Our daughter rode almost 50 miles on her new bike. We had a coffee when we got home with a biscuit and for lunch H had a tin of rice pudding and I had a tomato. We both sat in the garden but it was 25 degrees and in our sheltered garden it was really too hot. I went in and read my book and H did a bit of Spanish. I had a shower and put the bed back together then I cooked dinner. We had Chinese pork, new potatoes, carrots,broard beans and a fried egg. For dessert we had lemon cheesecake.

No comments:

Post a Comment