Monday 23 July 2018

Monday

I got up at 5.50, put on a load of washing and then had my breakfast, courgette and egg with a cup of tea. I dressed, made my bed, packed my lunch, hung out the washing and went to work. It was 20 degrees when I arrived at 8 and when I left off at 1 it was 31 degrees! I wore my shorts for he first 2 hours so I could get the backs of my legs the same colour as the fronts. Tomorrow we are planting so no shorts for that job. Today I had to do 29 bunches of radishes, 14 of beetroot, 16 bunches of spring onions and just 2 bunches of carrots. Next Andy and I had to pick a box of broard beans each and then he went down with all the stuff to wash etc ready to be delivered to the shops. Meanwhile I had to do another 10 boxes of beans for another customer and when I had done half Andy joined me. When they were done we planted lettuce and fennel. It took till 12.40 so I did just 20 minutes of weeding. When I got home we had a coffee and I had a salad for lunch. H put my sunbed out but it was too hot to sit outside! I sat inside and read my book. I had a shower and for dinner we had quiche with mushrooms and tomatoes. I have to work again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment