Sunday 29 July 2018

Rain at last.

I forgot to blog yesterday because we had my middle brother and my sister in law to dinner. It was lovely to see them and we had a great catch up. They have fabulous holidays all over the world and I always look forward to my postcard . It is always on the fridge with any others we get in the year and on the first of January they go into the back of my diary. This year they were unable to get postcards so instead they bought us an ornament, it’s an elephant and it’s really lovely 🐘.
Today I feel fat and still full from last night but that hasn’t stopped me from eating and drinking!! I had 2 slices of brown wholemeal toast and butter for breakfast. I did a load of washing but it turned rather dull so I didn’t hang it out. H said we should go out on our bikes even though it was drizzling, but is was still warm (18 degrees) so we got ready and left home at 8.15. We did 37.9 miles and it rained the whole way round, quite heavy at times and a very strong wind. I had shorts and t shirt on and I was warm enough but the rain really stung when we were going into the wind and felt like hail. The ride took us 3 hours!! As soon as we were home I had a shower because I was filthy and then we had a coffee and cheese and beetroot sandwiches for lunch, we also finished the after eights. This afternoon we watched the last day of the tour and for dinner we had yesterday’s leftovers with a pork chop. Blackberry and apple crumble for pud with ice cream. I have to work tomorrow and since Tuesday I have had a back ache 😖, it’s been really bad today so I don’t know how I will  get on tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment