Friday 20 July 2018

Great day off.

I got up at 5.55,put on a load of washing and had my breakfast (toast). As soon as I was done I dressed, made my bed andwe went to Asda. When we got home again I unpacked and put everything away, hung out the washing and H made us a coffee. Next I went upstairs and ironed my skirt, put it on and we went to Holt. We went to Bakers and Larners where H bought a summer sports jacket and I went in the dehli’ bit and bought some fabulous cheeses. Then some crisps and biscuits in the grocery store. Oh and some fabulous pork ribs in the butchers bit, I love that shop. From there we went for a wander round, calling at the greengrocer for English plums and then to a coffee shop for a coffee. After that it was back to the car and off to Wells for fish and chips sitting on the harbour wall. There was a very young starling sitting with us sharing our meal and taking small flakes of fish out of Hs fingers. I wanted a new pressure cooker, couldn’t get one in Holt so on the way home we went to Fakenham and Alldis. I got one there plus’s 2 lovely Spanish gin glasses and a glass ornament, an octopus. When we got home I washed our glasses and we had a pink gin with ice tonic and raspberries, delicious. We are both still feeling stuffed from lunch so tonight we are just having strawberries and cream with a cup of tea. As I am writing this H is in the kitchen washing up my new pressure cooker so it’s ready to use tomorrow. After my tea I am having a shower and watching my soaps. Also in wells I bought 4 bottles of local cider, we have had it before so we know it is good, and a very reasonable price. The weather was perfect and so was my day. We are cycling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment